Explore espeak-ng options and integration with other commands
Whats Espeak-ng :
eSpeakNG is a compact, open-source, software speech synthesizer for Linux, Windows, and other platforms. It uses a formant synthesis method, providing many languages in a small size. Much of the programming for eSpeakNG’s language support is done using rule files with feedback from native speakers.
Its Features include :
* Includes different Voices, whose characteristics can be altered.
* Can produce speech output as a WAV file.
* SSML (Speech Synthesis Markup Language) is supported (not complete), and also HTML.
* Compact size. The program and its data, including many languages, totals about 2 Mbytes.
* Can be used as a front-end to front-end para voces MBROLA (see MBROLA). eSpeak converts text to phonemes with pitch and length information.
* Can translate text into phoneme codes, so it could be adapted as a front end for another speech synthesis engine.
* Potential for other languages. Several are included in varying stages of progress. Help from native speakers for these or other languages is welcome.
* Development tools are available for producing and tuning phoneme data.
* Written in C.
For getting the entire user manual of espeak-ng we type in the command terminal .
Espeak-ng options :
1:) Set — volume used to set the volume of the output from 0–200, 100 being the default.
espeak-ng -v en “hey yo” -a 200
2:) set speed
the speead of the output voice of text ranges from 80 to anything , default is 175.
espeak-ng -v en “this is the way” -s 140
3:)phonetic memes or phoneme can be given as input and it will be spoken as it is.
espeak-ng -v en “[[your phonemes]]”
4:)speak text file content _: we can use it to speak the contents of the text file.
espeak-ng -f ttext_filename.extenson
cat text_filename.extension | espeak-ng
5:) changing the speech language:
if we want to speak another language text we do as
cal | espeak-ng -v hi -s 140
6:) change voice gender :
espeak-ng -v en+f2 "your text “ -a 200
Thank you for reading .